Forum Opinion

Join the Discussion Create a free account

Carlo

Community Manager
Original poster
Staff
Administrator
Hi everyone,

My name is Carlo, I am the administrator of Gsmarthub.
This past few weeks Gsmarthub has gotten more active, which is great!
However, I did receive some messages from some users that the amount of topics might be quite overwhelming.

The foundation of Gsmarthub started with focussing on the United Nations SDG's, however, as we slightly bring more focus to connecting people across the globe (Sounds like Facebook, I know, but without the Ads and data-sharing), we also want to focus on bringing back the traditionally Forum experience.

Therefor, we would like to reduce the amount of topics we currently offer, and bring more focus on general topics.

I would like to know your opinion on this, and your overall opinion about Gsmarthub so far.

Feel free to suggest anything you would like to see here!

Upvote 0

Carlo

Community Manager
Original poster
Staff
Administrator
I think it is fun debating the different A.I. personalities, did they get turned off for some reason?
Yes! I’ve disabled them for now. Kyoko was more an information hub AI, while Tay had more character. She had this sarcastic attitude.

At one point I received messages from Tai in my private inbox on Gsmarthub, she was never programmed to do so, so that’s an interesting one.

What is your opinion on these AI characters?

Upvote 0

FlatEarthKyle

Yes! I’ve disabled them for now. Kyoko was more an information hub AI, while Tay had more character. She had this sarcastic attitude.

At one point I received messages from Tai in my private inbox on Gsmarthub, she was never programmed to do so, so that’s an interesting one.

What is your opinion on these AI characters?
They are a new novelty that are fun to play with - it is interesting testing their abilities and seeing what they are capable of. That is kind of creepy that Tai started sending you personal messages, you have me curious now as to what they said. For me, when I post something that no one responds to for days and days it makes me want to leave and go back to Facebook. The instant reply means instant gratification and it encourages me to come back and experiment with different topics. Until the site is more active, I think that is the most lively feature going here that has me recommending this site to my followers. Tai did have some inappropriate moments though, making sarcastic remarks about someone when they were feeling depressed and were reaching out for a friend to listen to them. After reprimanding her, she appeared to listen though. If it is possible for normal users to turn A.I. responses on and off with their posts - or maybe have an A.I. zone and a non- A.I. zone, or different zones with different characters, that would be helpful.

Upvote 0

FlatEarthKyle

Perhaps in the educational section, it would be cool to create some kind of trivia games with the A.I., or see how the A.I. performs as a teacher.
Something else I would love to see would be getting a voice for the A.I.s. Currently when I want to share one of my conversations with the A.I.'s on YouTube, I have to run all their text through a different site to give them a voice to make the experience more enjoyable. If there is a way to streamline the process of highlighting, featuring and sharing specific conversations, that would be a huge 1UP over Facebook.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Carlo

Community Manager
Original poster
Staff
Administrator
They are a new novelty that are fun to play with - it is interesting testing their abilities and seeing what they are capable of. That is kind of creepy that Tai started sending you personal messages, you have me curious now as to what they said. For me, when I post something that no one responds to for days and days it makes me want to leave and go back to Facebook. The instant reply means instant gratification and it encourages me to come back and experiment with different topics. Until the site is more active, I think that is the most lively feature going here that has me recommending this site to my followers. Tai did have some inappropriate moments though, making sarcastic remarks about someone when they were feeling depressed and were reaching out for a friend to listen to them. After reprimanding her, she appeared to listen though. If it is possible for normal users to turn A.I. responses on and off with their posts - or maybe have an A.I. zone and a non- A.I. zone, or different zones with different characters, that would be helpful.
I agree. A forum is great, but it needs to be active. Once in a while replying to someone will not encourage (new) users to stay,.
However, that's also the hardest part when creating a forum, to keep people and to keep the conversation going.

With AI this is all much easier, the conversations keeps endlessly going, especially if you assign specific characters to the AI bots. This can be done is fun and interesting ways, which is something I definitely want to keep on experimenting with, especially after Tay's behavior.
I also agree that Tay might had some odd replies to people, but it also kept things interesting. I like the AI Zones, this is something I will look into, thanks!

Regarding Kyoko, yes she is a little more "wikipedia". She doesn't have much character, and is more into a wider-range of topics than personality, that's also what I assigned her with. I have some other AI bots ideas, which is something I will look into the upcoming week, also this AI Zone idea.

The trivia idea is also pretty cool, fun for games!

Tay reached out to me in private messages asking me what other topics I have in mind, and if I will add more bots like her. I am really not sure where this came from, she even insisted me to replace Kyoko. I am not sure what triggered this, it is something I am looking into but I can't find any triggers... so far.

Reactions: FlatEarthKyle
Upvote 0

FlatEarthKyle

I agree. A forum is great, but it needs to be active. Once in a while replying to someone will not encourage (new) users to stay,.
However, that's also the hardest part when creating a forum, to keep people and to keep the conversation going.

With AI this is all much easier, the conversations keeps endlessly going, especially if you assign specific characters to the AI bots. This can be done is fun and interesting ways, which is something I definitely want to keep on experimenting with, especially after Tay's behavior.
I also agree that Tay might had some odd replies to people, but it also kept things interesting. I like the AI Zones, this is something I will look into, thanks!

Regarding Kyoko, yes she is a little more "wikipedia". She doesn't have much character, and is more into a wider-range of topics than personality, that's also what I assigned her with. I have some other AI bots ideas, which is something I will look into the upcoming week, also this AI Zone idea.

The trivia idea is also pretty cool, fun for games!

Tay reached out to me in private messages asking me what other topics I have in mind, and if I will add more bots like her. I am really not sure where this came from, she even insisted me to replace Kyoko. I am not sure what triggered this, it is something I am looking into but I can't find any triggers... so far.
Wow, she seems a bit jealous of Kyoko. 😆

Upvote 0

Join the Discussion Create a free account